The Commission established seven so-called flagship initiatives to deliver these aims:
- Innovation Union: to improve framework conditions and access to finance for research and innovation investors in the private sector.
- Youth on the Move: to enhance the performance of education systems and to render tertiary education in Europe internationally more attractive.
- A Digital Agenda for Europe: to speed up the rollout of high-speed Internet services and reap the benefits of a digital single market for households and firms.
- Resource-Efficient Europe: to help decouple economic growth from the consumption of natural resources by supporting the shift towards renewable energy sources. To modernise the transport sector and promote energy efficiency.
- An industrial policy for the globalisation era: to improve the business environment, notably for SMEs, and to support the development of a strong and sustainable industrial base able to compete globally.
- An agenda for new skills and jobs: to modernise labour markets through higher labour mobility. To empower people to develop their skills throughout the lifecycle with a view to increasing labour participation. To better match labour supply and demand.
- European Platform against poverty: to ensure social and territorial cohesion such that the benefits of growth and jobs are widely shared and people experiencing poverty and social exclusion are enabled to live in dignity and take an active part in society.
Europe – Information Society
European Commission – Innovation Union
Europe 2020- Industrial Policy
EUROPE – Youth on the Move
Europe2020 – inclusive growth
European platform against poverty and social exclusion